fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6622

Narenthiran Ravinthiran

's Avatar

Hello Everyone.

I passed the PMP exam on 12/5/2015 on the first try. :)

I must admit that the PM PrepCast Exam simulator helped me prepare all type of situational questions. Also gave the real sense of how the real exam is going to be. Thanks for the PrepCast team for there hard work to make this happen.

Here are my study guide... This worked for me, but I know everyone is different as to how they want to tackle it.

1. Read PMBOK, cover to cover.
2. Take PM Prepcast Exam 1. Did the exam in one shot. Got only 65%.
3. Reviewed where I made mistakes in the exam.
4. Read the PMBOK, the 2nd time. This time I went through it very fast, highlighting the important points and made my mental notes.
5. Review the EVM section in PMBOK guide one more time. Memorized all the formulas.
6. Took the 2nd Exam, This time I was able to score 72%. Still not satisfied.
7. Reviewed all the wrong questions and read the sections again in PMBOK guide. I know you might think it's bit of a overkill, but it helped me get the terms memorized and understood.
8. Took the 3rd Exam. Got 75%
9. Took the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th exams. Scored 80%-85% in average.
10. I didn't do the ITTO exam by it self.
11. When I read the PMBOK guide, I tried to understand all the processes and there inputs, outputs and tools & techniques. Didn't memorize any of them. Pay attention to the "Data Flow" diagram in each process groups. This will help remember the ITTO.

I spent about 3 months to prepare, and spent about 4-5 hrs daily including weekends.

Hope this helps :)
-Ravi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login