fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam: Planning = Passing

PMP Exam: Planning = Passing 8 years 4 months ago #6621

• David Sora
  • David Sora's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I passed my exam on November 24th 2015.
I started my journey discussing with other persons who also wanted to take the exam to understand what strategy to use.
The first thing I did (in July) was to become a PMI member and buying the PMBok Guide 5th Edition. I also bought an exam preparation book (Rita FastTrack).
I planned to read both books twice, listen to some free podcasts and practice, practice, practice. In total I spent 225 hours (from July to November) where 50% of the time was dedicated just to reading. Almost 30% of my study was on practicing questions (using online samples). I did 6 full 200 questions exams (with results between 75% and 87%).and several different sets of additional questions, including questions from PMP-PREPCast. (maybe 2000 samples questions). I started to answer questions even before reading PMbok in order to identify where I was and what gap I had to cover.
Then I planned all weeks of study from August until November, always with one or two days of rest (typically during the weekend). the last 2 days before the exam I just "shutdown" my brain in order to prepare myself for the 4 hours "marathon". The last thing I did was to review the handbook guide to understand how to proceed in the exam day. I answered all questions in about 3h40m and used the last 20 minutes to review the marked questions. I was not able to review all marked questions but when I clicked the end exam button, the result appeared in the screen (1 minute later) and I felt great to see the word PASS! I got the Proficient level in all first process groups except in Closing where the result was "Moderately Proficient". It was a big investment but now I feel proud! Thank you PMPrepCast: your free material was very useful (including the daily questions/tips). Regards, David Sora
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login