fbpx

Reply: Passed 1st but it was close!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed 1st but it was close!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6576

Alphonse Rutayisire

Congratulations Derek and Thanks for sharing with us the materials that helped you the most.
8 years 4 months ago #6570

Tracey South

Congratulations Derek! I'm sure this advise will help others.

Tracey
8 years 4 months ago #6561

Derek Walsh

I took the test yesterday and passed! 4 categories were moderately proficient and 1 was below proficient. I start studying in July a bit but didn't really get into until 2 months before the test. Here is what I used:

PMP Prep-Cast Videos
PMP Prep-Cast Exam simulator
PMP Prep-Cast Flash Cards
PMP Prep-Cast Formulas and Cheat sheet.

I watched all the videos first and took detailed notes. Then I used the exam simulator, I took 6 full exams. I did not get much use out of the flash cards. The Formula and Cheat sheet was great and helped with my data dump. If I didn't have the formulas memorized for the data dump I am confident I would not have passed. I memorized table 3-1 but it really didn't help much on the exam. Aside from the obvious advice people give I would really practice your data dump. 15 minutes went by quickly and I had to rush. I would have it down and time yourself. I would start studying a bit earlier as well. Take as many practice exams as you can. I realized quickly that I need to really understand the ITTO's because memorizing them for me was too difficult. I didn't use any other study material and I felt everything offered by this site was enough.

Good luck!

Derek

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login