fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed 1st but it was close!

Passed 1st but it was close! 8 years 4 months ago #6561

• Derek Walsh
  • Derek Walsh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I took the test yesterday and passed! 4 categories were moderately proficient and 1 was below proficient. I start studying in July a bit but didn't really get into until 2 months before the test. Here is what I used:

PMP Prep-Cast Videos
PMP Prep-Cast Exam simulator
PMP Prep-Cast Flash Cards
PMP Prep-Cast Formulas and Cheat sheet.

I watched all the videos first and took detailed notes. Then I used the exam simulator, I took 6 full exams. I did not get much use out of the flash cards. The Formula and Cheat sheet was great and helped with my data dump. If I didn't have the formulas memorized for the data dump I am confident I would not have passed. I memorized table 3-1 but it really didn't help much on the exam. Aside from the obvious advice people give I would really practice your data dump. 15 minutes went by quickly and I had to rush. I would have it down and time yourself. I would start studying a bit earlier as well. Take as many practice exams as you can. I realized quickly that I need to really understand the ITTO's because memorizing them for me was too difficult. I didn't use any other study material and I felt everything offered by this site was enough.

Good luck!

Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ahmed Almalky

Passed 1st but it was close! 8 years 4 months ago #6570

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations Derek! I'm sure this advise will help others.

Tracey
Community Moderator

Passed 1st but it was close! 8 years 3 months ago #6576

• Alphonse Rutayisire
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • CONNECT.APPRECIATE.INSPIR.GIVE BACK.
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations Derek and Thanks for sharing with us the materials that helped you the most.
ALPHONSE RUTAYISIRE
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login