fbpx

Reply: Brain Dump

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Brain Dump

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 4 months ago #6407

Tracey South

Hi John:

Mine was also a booklet of about 8-10 sheets of paper. On my brain dump I included the processes, all of the formulas and any definition or tidbit of info that I often had trouble remembering. It filled one sheet of paper - front and back. This was invaluable to me during the exam as I could focus on the question and not worry about keeping everything floating in my head.

Before the exam, I practiced writing out this brain dump. It served two purposes. A) It helped me study and remember those tricky pieces of information and B) I could write it faster and faster each time so I didn't waste valuable time during the exam.

Best of luck!
Tracey
8 years 5 months ago #6389

John Pelletier

Great - thanks for your help!
8 years 5 months ago #6387

Jay Fitzgerald

's Avatar

No, you typically get more than one sheet of paper. If they only give you one, you should be able to request more.

When I took my exam through Prometric,they gave me sheets of paper stapled together sort of like a workbook. It had about 8 sheets of paper in it. I only used about 3 sheets of it. 2 sheets for my brain dump and 1 sheet to work out the formula questions on the exam.
8 years 5 months ago #6337

John Pelletier

Thanks Scott.

I thought you get one piece of paper. If you need another they take back the first one that they gave you. No?
8 years 5 months ago #6329

Scott Gillard

I just did the Formulas. That way when I came across one all I had to do is fill in the spots. For example, you could have A=B+C on your sheet. The question will give you A and C. You don't have to think, just do the math.

If you are worried you don't have enough room for the test, they will give you extra paper as needed. If you can fill both sides and not impact completing the test on time then do what works for you. If you are going to not answer all the questions because you spent too long creating your brain dump, then I'd say it's not worth it.
8 years 5 months ago #6312

John Pelletier

Hello, I love the idea of a brain dump. I can see that it going to be a tremendous help to prepare, and execute the exam. Based on what I'm reading the most important things to put in the dump is table 3.1 and formulas. My problem/question is that if I put all of that down on paper I'm taking up most of, if not all, of the front/back of the paper and I won't have any space left.

What are your thoughts with regard to what should go into the brain dump?

Thanks for your help.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login