fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam - 4MP, 1P - September 28th

Passed Exam - 4MP, 1P - September 28th 8 years 6 months ago #6243

• Stephanie Minick
  • Stephanie  Minick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I took the test this morning and passed!! What a sigh of relief! Here was my study approach:

My study materials included: PMBOK Guide, PM PrepCast videos, PM PrepCast Exam Simulator and Rita's book.

I had surgery the beginning of July and was off from work for the full month. I used that to my advantage. I was able to get most of my hard core studying done in that time frame (6-8 hours per day M-F and 4-5 hours on weekends). First, I read the PMBOK Guide completely (that didn't help much). Then I started the PM PrepCast videos. I absolutely love the videos!!! Cornelius made them fun and easy to follow. I highly recommend them, especially for those who need more than just reading material to study. As I watched the videos I would refer back to the PMBOK Guide to reinforce my understanding of the knowledge areas.

After I finished all of the videos and took the small practice tests included, I started utilizing the Exam Simulator. Note: I took a full practice exam that I found online before I started studying just to get a basis of where I was. I scored a 58% so I needed to improve significantly. My first test with the Exam Simulator (after watching all of the videos once) put me somewhere around 65%. I begin using my practice exams as my study guides. I would take a test every weekend and spend my study time during the week focusing on the questions I got wrong and filling in those gaps. When I went back to work in August my study time decreased significantly. I would study M-F for about 2-3 hours in the evening and then get about 8 hours in on Saturday and 4 hours for the practice exam on Sunday. Even with all of that I still needed to improve - I was scoring around 70-75% consistently.

The first week of September I read these forums and noticed that people kept mentioning Rita's book. I bought it and it definitely made the difference. It helped pull everything together and break things down even further. It gave me a different way to look at things which was helpful. I continued my study through September with the Exam Simulator and Rita's book.

Last week, I took off from work to ensure that I could completely focus on studying. I studied every day for about 5 hours. I took two practice tests during that week. On Saturday I read one chapter just to clarify something and then I rested!!! My brain was tired!! Sunday, I rested and did whatever I could NOT to think about PMP!!! I went to bed at a decent hour and woke up well rested and confident.

Today, I got to the testing center an hour early and used the full 4 hours. After answering all of the questions I had about 25 minutes left so I used it to go over the questions that I marked for review. I changed a few of my answers but not many. I did that until all of the time ran out.

Seeing CONGRATULATIONS on that computer screen was the BEST feeling ever. Thank you soooo much Cornelius - you are a big reason why I passed. YOU ROCK!!! Good luck to all future test takers. You can do it!!!

NOTE: I DID NOT MEMORIZE THE INPUTS AND OUTPUTS!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey South

Passed Exam - 4MP, 1P - September 28th 8 years 5 months ago #6371

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations! Thanks for the study approach information.

Tracey
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login