fbpx

Reply: Passed September 17th (2nd attempt)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed September 17th (2nd attempt)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 5 months ago #6321

Mary Berchtold

Thank you for sharing your feedback and insight. Good job for not being discouraged and forging ahead!
8 years 5 months ago #6293

Ahmed Awaji

As I mentioned in my post I took the prepcast and I bought the simulator subscription. It was the best move I made. Rita's book was also a good help for me. My guess is that you will do well with the prepcast lecturesa and practicing the simulator (the prepcast simulator is really realistic) , it may even be a bit harder than the real exam. Once you have done your review and went through few full lenght simulated exams successfully ,chance is you will do well on the real exam. Just keep in mind that in February the exam will be different (New update). Finally , don't worry about your first attempt, the trick is to get up on your feet as soon as you have taken the fall "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". All the best :)
8 years 5 months ago #6284

Jay Fitzgerald

's Avatar

:(

I failed my first attempt, this past Friday, October 9th. I took a PMP Boot Camp course, as well as study Rita Mulcahy's book, and take simulated test on examcentral. The night before my actual exam, I took the simulated exam that's on the disc that comes with Rita's book. I noticed right away that this exam was much harder than the ones I had been taking on examcentral. I was frightened! But, the exam was the next morning. What was I to do? I went into the exam, and the questions were just as difficult as I remembered from Rita's exam. I knew right away that I had set myself up for failure. But, I muscled my way through the exam hoping that some type of way I had managed to make sense out of the situational questions (What's the BEST choice? What would you do FIRST?) However, I did very poorly. I received 4 below proficients and one mostly proficient in closing, the smallest portion of the exam.

Needless to say, I'm down in the dumps but I look forward to tackling the exam again. For someone in my situation, what would you suggest? I have looked at the offerings for the PMP PrepCast and for the PMP CoachStudy. Of course, the recorded CoachStudy is the cheaper option but I don't want to sell myself short by just trying to save money. So, should I get the PrepCast or the CoachStudy?
8 years 6 months ago #6204

Ahmed Awaji

Good luck , Derek and all the best. The trick is to approach it with a healthy attitude (you should not underestimate the exam nor should you allow the exam to beat you). You seem to have a good preparation plan. You also seem to have enough time to get in top shape for the exam. So with proper preparation you are very likely to get your PMP on November 23rd.
8 years 6 months ago #6201

Derek Walsh

Great advice, I am taking the test on November 23rd for the first time and I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. I bought the exam simulator questions and I am going to take my first exam on Friday. I plan on taking one every week to prepare along with my normal studying. Luckily I work 4 ten hour days now so every Friday I can go to the local library to simulate the test environment and see where I am at. Congrats on passing the test!

-Derek
8 years 6 months ago #6196

Scott Gillard

This is a great list. I'd agree with them all.

Congrats and thanks for your feedback. Way to see it through and not quit after the first attempt.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login