fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: What's better than earning a PMP certification?

What's better than earning a PMP certification? 8 years 6 months ago #6162

• Alphonse Rutayisire
  • Alphonse Rutayisire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • CONNECT.APPRECIATE.INSPIR.GIVE BACK.
  • Thank you received: 1
What’s better than earning a PMP certification? Even if you are an experienced professional in your chosen career, there comes a time when many people are called but few are chosen. Certification will generally help an individual become the chosen one simply because it shows some form of professional commitment, a specified level of knowledge and in fact a presumption of technical expertise. I am a holder of some of the premier certifications in Microsoft windows server and SharePoint technologies: MCITP Enterprise Server and SharePoint Administrator. I am a member of the Australian Computer Society, Certified Professional (CP). I have, In August 2015, achieved the PMP global credential. So, why is my story relevant to any aspirant PMP student?
The answer is that sometimes if not all the time, what you WANT should be more powerful than what you NEED. PMP exam is not simple but it is not unachievable either. My recipe has been a mixture of internal motivation and personal ambition but more so also persuasion from other project managers. For instance, you can increase your PMP certification study time significantly by purchasing Cornelius Fichtner study materials (PM Prepcast and PMP Exam Simulator). PM Prepcast videos help you grasp project management concepts very fast and in the comfort of your own car travelling to/from work and at home. To be honest, I don’t imagine anyone passing PMP exam without writing sufficient exam tests. This depends on individual but I have gone through more than 3500 questions. I have failed on the first attempt because I didn’t respect this lessons learned from others. There is no need to memorise ITTOs because the more you read the PMBok guide and other easy-to-read books like Head First PMP, Rita Mulcahy etc, the more you can recall the interactions and associations between input, processes, outputs, tools and techniques. I have captured a detailed study plan in Microsoft OneNote Program and below is an example of pages making the PMP Revision section:
1. Study plan
2. Exams1-18
3. Knowledge Area quizzes
4. PM PrepCast Formulas
5. Obvious ITTOs Braindumps
6. PMbok Process Definitions and ITTOs Figures
7. Theories not to be missed
8. Points to remember from exam tests questions
9. PMPzilla Final Exam
10. Knowledge and Skills by Process Groups
11. PM preparation last minute
12. Ricardo_Vargas_Process Summaries
13. PM PrepCast Formula questions
14. Tutor Ali Study Notes
15. Family responsibilities and support

Good luck to those who are looking forward to getting certified as PMP. I am looking forward to an other chapter in my life of learning endlessly. It's exciting and thanks everyone and particularly Cornelius and his team.

Alphonse Rutayisire PMP, MACS CP
ALPHONSE RUTAYISIRE
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey South
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login