fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam - 2P 3MP

Passed Exam - 2P 3MP 8 years 6 months ago #6088

• Christi McGinley
  • Christi McGinley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Happy to say I passed my test yesterday. Here's what I did...your mileage may vary.

I studied for 8 weeks - 4-6 hours/day. I used the PMBOK Guide, the PrepCast videos, the PrepCast Formula Study Guide, and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book.

I started by watching the PrepCast videos for a specific Knowledge Area then taking the test at the end. I'd then read Rita's chapter associated with that Knowledge Area and take the test at the end. Then I'd review the PMBOK Guide for that Knowledge Area.

That worked for about 2 weeks but I found that was taking too much time so I switched my approach. My learning style is more suited for reading a book rather than watching videos. So, I changed to reading a chapter from the PMBOK Guide then reading Rita's chapter and then watching the PrepCast videos for areas where I felt I needed a more thorough breakdown of the materials.

In the end, I read the PMBOK Guide twice, read Rita's PMP Exam Prep book twice and took all the tests, and watched parts of most of the PrepCast videos and took all the tests.

3 weeks before the test, I started cramming for the formulas. I wish I'd started earlier on that but it turns out I was able to understand and memorize them enough for the test. I also took to heart what Cornelius suggested to memorize page 61 of the 5th Edition PMBOK Guide which outlines all the Process Groups and Knowledge Area processes.

I took 7 of the PMP Simulator full exams and the ITTO exam. After each exam, I reviewed all the questions and answers - whether or not I got them correct - and I read the comments for each. This was a great way to study and clarify points. Doing these full exams was extremely helpful to a) get me used to answering that many questions, b) helped me see where my knowledge was weak and, c) gave me confidence that I could take the real test and pass it. Lesson Learned: One day, I determined that I would do 2 exams. That was a mistake. By the end of the second test, I was racing through the questions and just wanted to be done. I don't think I learned much that day. ;)

I dabbled in some other test simulators and such that you can find online but I mainly focused on the PMP Simulator. That was enough.

In my case, I found my real exam to be a little easier than the PMP Simulator exams.

I'm glad I found this resource and really enjoyed the videos even though they were not my first source for materials. Again, that's just my learning style and no reflection on the quality of the videos.

Passed Exam - 2P 3MP 8 years 6 months ago #6107

• Jonathan Emmons
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Congratulations Christi!
Jonathan Emmons, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed Exam - 2P 3MP 8 years 6 months ago #6236

• keerthi
  • keerthi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats Christi :) how was the ITTO experience? Did you take any special approach as part of your exam preparation ? Could please share with us if you have some time.

Thank you.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login