Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
I had some troubles to get in back to Prepcast and that is the reason why I am posting this until now.
I want to thank to Cornelius and all the team to make possible Prepcast, Prepcast is a great tool if you want to pass PMP.
These are some lesson learned:
- First and very important, have a plan and schedule your exam, even if you have not started studying. This is very important, at leas for me. I have tried to study since the last year but since I didn't have a goal, I let pass time and I did't do nothing. I took around 6 weeks since beginning until the day of the exam.
This was my plan:
- Read 1 time Rita's book. Great book!, it works for me to read first Rita and then PMBOK
- Read PMBOK.
- Read Andy Crow book. I consider It has better question than Rita and it is a good complement. I could say both books are necessary, however if you need to choose, choose Rita.
- Read again Rita's Book.
- 2 Weeks before the exam, I started doing quiz of 50 and later of 100 in Prepcast. During the last week, a 200 full-questions every day.
The most important is not to do the exam, but reviewed the answer and try to identify how to solve that kind of question, not the question per-se.
In average, I study 4-6 daily (including Saturday and Sunday). A 200 questions exam, took me around 3-4 hours.
You need to be prepared to fulfill a 200 questions exam. Probably it sounds as easy, but believe it requires a lot of concentration and have a plan for the day of the exam. As:
- Sleep well.
- Make stops during the exam. I did 3 stops, one in 100, the second on 50 and the third after complete the 200th question and before starting a review.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.