fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed 06 AUG 15 on 1st try!

Passed 06 AUG 15 on 1st try! 8 years 8 months ago #5952

• Wayne Dunlap
  • Wayne Dunlap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I had a non traditional path to PMP success.
I will start after application acceptance in order to focus on the specifics of the journey.
After the application was accepted; I scheduled my exam date 3 months out to make sure I had enough time to plan. Prior to application acceptance; I took a course through Syracuse University to obtain the 35 credit hours but I knew this exposure was not enough for the exam but it did give me an introduction to the terminology. I started the true exam prep on June 01 2015. I created a plan in MS project that involved using the Prepcast followed by reading Ritas book, Headfirst pmp and then the corresponding chapter in PMBOK. I continued that routine everyday 7 days a week until I was complete with all resources
.I finished after July 4th weekend. At that time, I started Prepcast Simulator and at the same time I started reading Andy Crowes book just to confirm I understood the terms completely. There were some areas that I had trouble (ie Time Management) but it made sense. After passing the first 3 simulated exams; I rescheduled the real exam from 21 Aug to 6 Aug on 19 JUL because I did not want to pay the 70 dollar reschedule fee and if I felt ready I told myself I would reschedule. I took 5 full length exams from the simulator , Andy crowes full exam and Head First full exam for a total of 7. I scored 80 or above on 5 of them and in the 70 percentile for the other 2. The final week I continued to write my brain dump and review.

I was scheduled to take the exam at 530pm but when I went there at 8am they said I could come in anytime I wanted, so I went at 1200pm. I was fortunate because the room was packed and the admin decided to put me in a room alone it was the only room they had and it was probably rare for that to happen so I would say dont plan on it- it just worked out for me.

Finally, please don't forget to read the questions all the way. I spent 10-15 mins creating a complex network diagram to only find out at the end the question asked for the float of the critical path which is zero. That was time that I could have used to review at the end.

I only had 5 mins to review my questions and I marked several for review. In the end I had 3 Ps for I,E,MC - MP for P and BP for C. I was surprised because I thought I understood Closing very well. In the end I am happy its over and grateful to everyone that helped. I hope this help someone else.
Stay focused and resilient and it can happen for you.
Attachments:

Passed 06 AUG 15 on 1st try! 8 years 7 months ago #5997

• Theagis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats Are you interested in selling any of your books?

Passed 06 AUG 15 on 1st try! 8 years 7 months ago #6003

• Wayne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Whats your email address?

Passed 06 AUG 15 on 1st try! 8 years 7 months ago #6007

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 605
Remember that this is a public forum and anyone can see your email if you provide it here.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login