fbpx

Reply: July 27th '15,1st Attempt: Confessions of an idiot

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : July 27th '15,1st Attempt: Confessions of an idiot

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 8 months ago #5897

Shashank Kumar

I maybe the most unaware PMP candidate in the history of this certification. I learned about this Rita Mulcahy lady 6 days ago, and also the fact that it is good to prepare for several months before giving this exam a sincere shot. I learnt all that on this website. I never got around to purchasing her popularly claimed PMP bible and I studied for a grand total of slightly under 4weeks. The first two weeks prep may have been 20hrs each, the last two around 40hrs each.

I completed my 35 contact hours and submitted my PMP application on the 11th of July. Got the PMI acceptance email on 16th and picked 27th as my exam date. Being eligible to take the exam alone made me feel I have achieved something very worthwhile in all my 27yrs of life. My contact hours included speed reading the PMBOK 5th edition and taking 24 micro-quizzes. After finalizing the exam date, I attempted 3 mocks from the contact-hour-providing website, bought pm-exam-simulator's 9exam pack (gave 8 of them) and tried Lehman's questions the day before my exam. Needless to say, these net total of 2450 questions taught me everything I know. My results were as follows

pmcampus (contact hours website) - 129, 141 and 145 (64.5%, 70.5% and 72.5%) These were the first ones I took so as is apparently obvious, I completely bombed them
Cornellius' pm-exam-sim: 8 exams (I didn't have the courage to even try the ITTO exam) with results ranging from 149/200 - 161/200 (74.5% to 80.5%) with an average of 78%
Lehman's 75 - 52/75 (69.3%) and Lehman's 175 - 133/175 (76%)

Looking at the numbers above, Cornelius, your exams don't seem that much easier than Lehman's ;)

I score 2Ps and 3MPs on the PMP exam, but given my preparation, I'm over joyed. I wish I had come across this forum a few weeks earlier than I did, I thank everyone who shares their experiences here. My 2 cents to aspiring PMPs is read the Rita lady's book, study for a minimum of 3 months assuming a 5-day 50 hour work week. The exam's not that difficult. Do the 1800 questions and you're set. Lehman's is not so useful. Just scares you senseless... Buena Suerte!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login