fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 9 months ago #5864

• Prakash Rashinkar
  • Prakash Rashinkar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the PMP Exam in the First attempt on June 29, 2015.

Below are the material I used for the preparation.
o Online Course : PM PrepCast. This is a great course for busy professionals, gives right insight in to the concepts and prepares you very well for the exam and provides tips for day to day work.

o Books:
1. PMBOK5 Guide: Read it once, look in to the required topics based on need later
2. PMP Exam Prep, Eighth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
3. PMP EXAM Simplified-5th Edition: Aileen Ellis

o Exam simulator: PM PrepCast PM Exam Simulator.
1. Very well organized questions both for Knowledge Areas and Tools & Techniques
2. Questions are comparable to those appeared in my exam
3. If you are able to score >80% in multiple full 200 question tests, you are ready for the real exam
4. I strongly recommend this product for exam preparation and getting clarity on the concepts

o My Approach:
1. Total study time : 2.5 Months; Two hours of study every day, listened to PrepCast course while commuting to work
2. Went through PM PrepCast course one time completely and selective topics based on where I did poorly in practice tests.
3. ITTO: Understood the logical flow of inputs and outputs, linking them accordingly, and absolutely NO memorizing required.
4. Took multiple topics based and full tests on the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator and scored >80% many times

o Exam Experience:
1. Majority of my questions were wordy (and situational) both the question description and answer choices, this can take a lot of toll on your patience, they take more time to read and decide on BEST answer
2. Be enthusiastic, do not loose patience, take it as a challenge and convert it into opportunity
3. I remember 3 questions were simple ITTO direct questions
4. Four direct math questions based on EVM
5. About 8 Math situational questions, no math required to be performed
6. I had marked about 28 questions for review and had only 15 minutes to review these
7. After reviewing marked questions, I had 42 seconds more and I submitted
8. I received Congratulations message and it was quite exciting and satisfying to take the exam

o Credit goes to:
1. PM PrepCast online course
2. PM PrepCast Exam Simulator
3. Rita's and Eileen's books, PMBOK5 guide of course

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #5967

• Vinod Kumar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi:

It is good to know you passed PMP exam. Congratulations. I want to do PMP but I don't understand where to start. PMP exam simulator, PMP prep guide, Rita's book, and other resources like PMI web site, my employer's web site.

I would appreciate if you could just give me the steps to do. Like 1st step, 2nd step....

How did you listen to PMP prep cast. My car has the old audio cassette player. Will I have to change car or is there any other devices you used for your commute.

I have been reading Gary and Larsen's Project Management basics so far and have a decade of Project Management experience.

Please guide me.

Thanks

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #5969

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Vinod,

Please watch these 8 free videos that I have published on YouTube:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/8videos

These videos take you step by step through the process of studying and taking the PMP Exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abdisamad Abdulle

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #5970

• Prakash Rashinkar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Vinod,

Please go through the link that Cornelius provided.

For PM Prepcast audio: Download on iPhone, or Android phone (whatever phone you have) and listen. You don't need to change the car.

Thank you,
Prakash

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #5977

• Narayan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I presume PM simulator questions are direct relating ITTO stuffs. I had taken couple of exams & scored more than 80% but still I'm not confident with PMP Exam as many situational questions would be there :unsure:

So, how did PM Simulator helped you? What should i test further to bring in the confidence level?

Regards,

Narayan

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #5981

• Prakash Rashinkar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Narayan,

Please work on below aspects to enhance your confidence level.

1. Many PM Precast Simulator questions are situational, this helps.
2. Your current scores are 80%. Focus and understand the 20% areas where you are failing and generally those are your weak points. Hence, you need to understand why you made errors in these areas.
3. Take the 75 (item 1) and 175 (item 2) questions in the below link that are timed. The difficulty levels are higher in these tests.
www.oliverlehmann.com/sample-questions-pmp-self-tests.html

I hope this will help.
Thank you,
Prakash
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner. Reason: Added link to simulator

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #5982

• Narayan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Prakash.

Let me check Oliver too....

Regards,

Narayan

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #6002

• EVANS MWANZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Prakash,

Thank you very much this is great insight. I'm a Procurement Professional and I have been wanting to study and take the PMP Exam but I have struggled on where to find the appropriate study material and learning the Exam Strategy. Your information just gives me a renewed energy to earn this certification. Please if there is anything more that you think guys like me would need, we would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Evans Mwanza,SPSM

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #6011

• Prakash Rashinkar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Evans,

Taking PMP exam needs a real focus and interest. You need to make commitment to yourself in order to motivate and prepare accordingly. Once you make up your mind, the enthusiasm will drive you.

Start reading the PMBOK guide topic by topic, summarize, discuss your learning with friend, colleague, and/or family member. This will help you hone your learning, then move to Rita's book, or Eileen's book scan through and take free exam tests that are available in the web to practice varieties of questions.

Also, PM Precast Exam Simulator and Tips provided by many people in this forum will help.

Nothing is impossible in this world, people have gone to moon/space and returned, where as this is only a PMP exam. You can do it, go for it.

Thank you,
Prakash

Passed PMP Exam in First Attempt 8 years 8 months ago #6030

• Narayan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,

Took the oliver lehmann 75 questions....
Scored only 57% which is very low. This is what i was worried about when comparing with Prepcast simulator questions. I am awestruck with my next move.

Ofcourse i will be taking the remaining simultar papers. But how will that assist me is an concern.
Please share your expertise friends.

Regards,
Narayan
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login