fbpx

Reply: How I passed my PMP exam today (29.05)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I passed my PMP exam today (29.05)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5664

Zhivko

's Avatar

Hello,

I am happy to share that I have hust passed successfully the PMP exam.

My strategy was to do it the quick way with heavy studying for a short period. The steps were as follows:
1) I identified my starting position taking a test in the simulator: 55% success rate (which means that I already had foundation knowledge in PM)
2) I read PMBOK Guide and in parallel I have listened to the PrepCast (every chapter from PMBOK guide was followed by listening to the respective lessons from the Prepcast). That took me around 3 weeks (approximately 4 hours per day).
[2 weeks after I started the Prepcast, I took the final exam so I received the necessary PDUs; immediately afterwards I finished my application form]
3) I took a test to check my progress: I was now at 80%
[my application was confirmed, I paid the exam fee and I scheduled my exam in 2 weeks; Cornelius is right - if you have a deadline, you are very motivated]
4) I read an exam preparation book with exercises. Approximately 1 week (5-6 hours per day)
5) I took a test to check my progress: 85%
6) I have made several tests in the exam simulator. Approximately 1 week (4 hours-1 test per day). I reached 90% success rate with the last exams.
7) I took successfully the PMP exam

Wrap up: Foundation + 5 weeks and 150 hours of studying = SUCCESSFULLY PASSING THE EXAM

Best regards,
Zhivko

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login