Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
QuestionHow I passed my PMP exam today (29.05)
How I passed my PMP exam today (29.05)
2 years 9 months ago #5664
I am happy to share that I have hust passed successfully the PMP exam.
My strategy was to do it the quick way with heavy studying for a short period. The steps were as follows:
1) I identified my starting position taking a test in the simulator: 55% success rate (which means that I already had foundation knowledge in PM)
2) I read PMBOK Guide and in parallel I have listened to the PrepCast (every chapter from PMBOK guide was followed by listening to the respective lessons from the Prepcast). That took me around 3 weeks (approximately 4 hours per day).
[2 weeks after I started the Prepcast, I took the final exam so I received the necessary PDUs; immediately afterwards I finished my application form]
3) I took a test to check my progress: I was now at 80%
[my application was confirmed, I paid the exam fee and I scheduled my exam in 2 weeks; Cornelius is right - if you have a deadline, you are very motivated]
4) I read an exam preparation book with exercises. Approximately 1 week (5-6 hours per day)
5) I took a test to check my progress: 85%
6) I have made several tests in the exam simulator. Approximately 1 week (4 hours-1 test per day). I reached 90% success rate with the last exams.
7) I took successfully the PMP exam
Wrap up: Foundation + 5 weeks and 150 hours of studying = SUCCESSFULLY PASSING THE EXAM
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.