fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: A new one

A new one 8 years 10 months ago #5658

• SERGEI ROMANIUK
  • SERGEI ROMANIUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Greetings from Russia, Moscow!
As almost everybody here, I had passed on my first try on May, 19th.

My preparation took about 4 month and I had to spend around 300 hours. Here is approach I used:
  1. Read PMBoK just to get familiar with core concepts;
  2. Read PMBoK and highlighted areas I was not sure about or wanted to memorize;
  3. Wrote out by hand highlighted text and key info from PMBoK into copybook;
  4. Read chapters on hard topics in Rita Mulcahy's book;
  5. Watched PM PrepCast;
  6. Completed 7 test exams in Exam Simulator.
  7. It w
as enough for me and I barely managed to finish on time.

Some of LL:
  1. Make a plan (with milestones) and strictly follow it;
  2. Track your progress;
  3. It is of no use to prepare less than 1,5h per day;
  4. Writing out by hand hard topics and info to memorize proved to be excellent trick to learn easily and quickly seemingly hard-to-learn info. It surprised me, but I learnt all EVM formulas with a single attempt;
  5. ITTO is not to be learnt, it is to be understood. This way it becomes your strength;
  6. EVM formulas are not that hard if you understand what they are about and how are they used. It took me about 4 hours to go through all of them and memorize them;
  7. Whilst exam questions and Exam simulator questions are not similar that much, they make I think the right way;
  8. PMP status is really valued even in Russia;
  9. The hardest and the saddest part of my preparation was to sit still and complete test exams. In average it took me 2,5h per exam to complete.

10. Exam-time experience:
    If you are easily annoyed by keyboard typing, coughing, or chairs creak - prepare and use earplugs properly;
    Exams could ask you any question on any area related to project management. I met a question asking how I would handle issue with labor union.

if somebody from Russia will be going to pass PMP exam, I would gladly help you. You can find me on LinkedIn or contact me here.

Cheers,
    Sergei Romaniuk, brand new PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login