fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: How Do You Spell Relief? P-A-S-S!

How Do You Spell Relief? P-A-S-S! 8 years 10 months ago #5626

• Patrick Marcigliano
  • Patrick Marcigliano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed on my first shot, on May 14 thanks to the PM PrepCast, and the book: Headfirst PMP. I'll be honest, I didn't go about it the way most (studious) folks do. I am a classic procrastinator. I did not read through the PMBok, and I did not finish all of the PrepCast. I started my studies in earnest towards the end of February. I read through and completed most every activity and test in the HeadFirst PMP book, finishing 1-2 chapters per week on average. As I did, I supplemented what I was learning with the coordinating PrepCast modules, as well as the PMBok as a reference. I learn more by doing than by listening. My last 2 weeks I spent taking quizzes over and over in the Exam Simulator which was vital. The ability to take "learning quizzes", simulated exams, and to see statistically where I was strong and where I needed help was HUGE.

The exam itself was tough, but no tougher than the simulator in my estimation. It was great preparation to know what to expect and be familiar with the exam style. For me the hard part was the grind of the four hour exam. The last hour was just a battle; re-reading the questions just to be sure I knew what was being asked, and not to make any hasty answers just because I was getting mentally fatigued.

Thanks to the Pm Prepcast, the Headfirst PMP book, and especially the exam simulator, I now have some new letters after my name in my email signature. :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login