fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: My lessons learned

My lessons learned 9 years 1 week ago #5279

• Miguel Gaspar
  • Miguel Gaspar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have passed my exam on March 11 on my first attempt. Here I leave my lessons learned:

- Choose a system, trust and follow it. I've listen to PmPrepcast and decided to use one of the prep books. After a while I felt the need to have another prepbook, even after listening Cornelius saying that is not recommended. I end-up using only one. The one I used was "Achieve PMP exam success".
- I listen all episodes of PmPrepcast to get the initial 35 contact hours, but this product is much more than that. PmPrepcast is a great complement to the other study material. I say listen because I mainly played it on my mp3 while commuting or any time I could and it works very well on this audio only version. Any way I have watched the full video version at the end of a chapter for review.
- I Have read the PMPBOK and Prepbook following the chapters order (knowledge areas), and created a resume with all the major topics but following the process groups logical order, so I review following this process group order which helped understanding the processes relations.
- I have used the PM Formulas. They an excellent basis for the memory dump sheet, and the sample questions that come with it are excellent to understand how they work.
- I've used the PMP Essentials Study Guide to review on the night before the exam.
- I've done 6 full length 4 hours exams on the PM Exam Simulator and several partial exams and isolated questions.
- On the exam day, I think the most important thing is to have a strategy very well defined and trained on a simulator. I have followed this one: Answer all short questions and without calculations first. I just marked the other questions. In the short ones, if i was not sure, I choose one option and mark the question for review. I followed this until the last question, and then take a 5 minutes break. Then I review only the unanswered questions (the long ones and with calculations). After finishing those, and taking another break, I review all the marked questions.

I hope this can help some go through this process. Good luck and good work !

Best regards,
Miguel Prego Gaspar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikhil Mhatre
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login