fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Pass myPMP exam the 12th of March

Pass myPMP exam the 12th of March 9 years 1 month ago #5278

• Jean-Baptiste Deschamps
  • Jean-Baptiste Deschamps's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everybody,

What a release and great feeling to receive the "congratulation" from the computer in the Prometric center!

I start my study in September last year. Not really knowing the path to go through for this exam, I was targeting to pass the exam end of January but I really needed to add this extra 6 weeks to feel ready.

Strangely, one of the most difficult part was to understand how to apply to this PMP exam. I would like have known Cornelius Popcast earlier. I looked for a way to pass the exam, without having to pay more then 4000 CHF for a 5 day course in Switzerand for more than 2 years.

My study plan was quite straight forward : go through all the lessons to get the 35 hours, start the simulations and in parallel ready every day the PMP book (one knowledge area every day again and again) until I finish the simulator questions (all 1800 questions, more than 33 hours only for the simulator). I also learn by heart the 47 processes and all the formulas. I also used on the web a simulator for ITTO tests, it was really helpful and free.

At the beginning, I felt really difficult to concentrate for 200 questions but it becomes easier and easier. I was getting the last 3 x 200 questions more than 80% correct answers.

My exam was starting at 13:30 but I took the whole day off and without the children to take care this day at any time. I went the week before to check the exam place and it was very important because there were not parking place close to it so I could define a parking place easy to access.

I arrived quite early, 45 min before the exam, the door were still close and open only 30min before. I was waiting with another student trying to get the PMP. When he told me that it was his second attempt, I felt quite nervous so do not speak with the people just before the exam it does not help in my case.

In the exam room, I was controlled by the guard under all aspects, it is very strict. I got 4 sheets of paper and 4 pencils. I was glad to get 4 papers sheet to be able to do all my dump sheets.

I was surprised that I had only the time of the tutorial to do my dump sheets, it was just enough and I has to hurry up more than usual at home! I found the exam quite difficult and I was really not sure to get it.The questions were not really the same way than the simulator but I imagine it changes all the time. When you press "end exam" it comes very fast but you feel very nervous. I was so happy to get it. I felt really well.

Now it is time to relax and enjoy and think about new training because it really help for your own satisfaction to learn something.

Thanks Cornelius for having me giving this chance at such affordable price.

Best regards,
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login