fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons learned Paper Based Exam

Lessons learned Paper Based Exam 9 years 3 weeks ago #5229

• Nadia
  • Nadia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi eveyone,

Do you have some advice for those who are taking PBT??? I'll take the exam next week.

Thanks

Lessons learned Paper Based Exam 8 years 11 months ago #5376

• Habsatou Nadia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,

I passed on my first try ;) .

I started my journey to the PMP certification the 18 th September 2014. I registered to a local training center but it was not easy to manage between office, husband and four children. So while sailing on the internet, I came across Shiv’s blog ( www.pmexamsmartnotes.com ) that lit my preparation. I sign up to get the PMP Study Blueprint.

Materials I used:

• The Project Management Prepcast + Exam Simulator (this purchase was the best decision i have taken)
• The PMBOK Guide (version 5) (read only once from cover to cover)
• Rita Mulcahy (read twice)
• How to pass on your first try by Andy Crowe (I just skim)
• The PMP exam checklist (I follow all the instructions)
• Lessons learned by successful PMP exam takers (it was really helpful)
• “Ace your PMP Series” offered by Shiv (especially “THE SUPER GUIDE TO PMP QUESTIONS TYPES” I answered several questions easily using the strategies described in this e-book)

Preparation phase

After going through most of the videos, I submit my application form for the exam in the first week of January via PMI website. I do not know why, working on my application was more stressful than taking the exam. I received my confirmation 4 days later. I scheduled my exam and started using the exam simulator. This has increased my motivation and allowed me to focus on my preparation. I passed 6 full PMP exams.
5 days before the exam, I traveled about 300km to go in the city where is located the examination center.
3 days before the real exam, I had some concerns with the ITTOs which quickly cleared when I get 87% on the Exam 9 (ITTO QUESTIONS ONLY). I felt more confident.

The day of the exam

My test was scheduled on Saturday, 14th March 2015 at 9h00, I arrived 20 minutes before. I found that there were already many test takers in the testing center.

After the exam.

It is very stressful to take Paper-based examination because you don’t get your result immediately. I received the “congratulations mail” 10 days later :woohoo: .

Paper based lessons learned

• Practice more situational questions
• train to do less than 4 hours because in the paper-based examination, it takes more time to turn the pages and to “color” the answers
• No time to download your brain dump :angry:
• No breaks (so be prepared) :angry:
• It is not easy to mark and review questions (answer all the questions, guess if you do not know)
• Do not panic if the first few questions seem difficult
• Understanding the meaning of terms and other terms that may be
used to refer to them.

Now, I am a PMP !!!

Thanks to my instructor, Cornelius Fichtner and the OSP team.

I wish success to all those who are on their way
"Keep trying, Don't give up" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mamadou Issa

Lessons learned Paper Based Exam 8 years 11 months ago #5377

• Habsatou Nadia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed on my FIRST TRY!!!

I started my journey to the PMP certification the 18 th September 2014. I registered to a local training center but it was not easy to manage between office, husband and four children. So while sailing on the internet, I came across Shiv’s blog ( www.pmexamsmartnotes.com ) that lit my preparation. I sign up to get the PMP Study Blueprint

Materials I used:

• The Project Management Prepcast + Exam Simulator (this purchase was the best decision i have taken)
• The PMBOK Guide (version 5) (read only once from cover to cover)
• Rita Mulcahy (read twice)
• How to pass on your first try by Andy Crowe (I just skim)
• The PMP exam checklist (I follow all the instructions)
• Lessons learned by successful PMP exam takers (it was really helpful)
• “Ace your PMP Series” offered by Shiv (especially “THE SUPER GUIDE TO PMP QUESTIONS TYPES” I answered several questions easily using the strategies described in this e-book)

Preparation phase

After going through most of the videos, I submit my application form for the exam in the first week of January via PMI website. I do not know why, working on my application was more stressful than taking the exam. I received my confirmation 4 days later. I scheduled my exam and started using the exam simulator. This has increased my motivation and allowed me to focus on my preparation. I passed 6 full PMP exams.
5 days before the exam, I traveled about 300km to go in the city where is located the examination center.
3 days before the real exam, I had some concerns :( with the ITTOs which quickly cleared when I get 87% on the Exam 9 (ITTO QUESTIONS ONLY). I felt more confident B) .

The day of the exam

My test was scheduled on Saturday, 14th March 2015 at 9h00, I arrived 20 minutes before. I found that there were already many test takers in the testing center.

After the exam.

It is very stressful to take Paper-based examination because you don’t get your result immediately. I received the “congratulations mail” 10 days later.

Paper based lessons learned

• Practice more situational questions
• train to do less than 4 hours because in the paper-based examination, it takes more time to turn the pages and to “color” the answers
• No time to download your brain dump :angry:
• No breaks (so be prepared) :angry:
• It is not easy to mark and review questions (answer all the questions, guess if you do not know) :angry:
• Do not panic if the first few questions seem difficult
• You may find new terms during the exams,understanding the meaning of terms and other terms that may be used to refer to them (do not waste time pondering over it).

Now, I am a PMP !!! :woohoo:

Thanks to my instructor, Cornelius Fichtner and the OSP team

I wish success to all those who are on their way
"Keep trying, Don't give up" :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login