fbpx

Reply: How I Passed the PMP Exam On My First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I Passed the PMP Exam On My First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 2 months ago #5029

Lucas Marino

Yesterday, I passed my PMP exam on my first attempt after using the PMPrepCast, Exam Simulator, and PMBOK as my primary study tools. The PMPrepCast was invaluable to learning and retaining the material. I purchased and reviewed Rita's study guide to reinforce my understanding of concepts, approach the material from another angle, and access additional exam tips. In particular, Rita's process chart helped me visualize process flow in plain English and helped me understand the world of work in a new way.

Cornelius's recommendation to develop a solid understanding of the process groups and knowledge areas was absolutely helpful! I dedicated 6 months to studying while attending graduate school, working, and keeping up with a spouse and three children. First, I read the PMPBOK guide cover to cover and listened to all PrepCast lessons once. Then, I read each PMBOK process again while watching the applicable PrepCast lesson. During these sessions, I underlined important information and made notes directly on the PMBOK. Then, I reviewed chapters 1-4 a third time to tie all of the information together. I did not memorize the ITTOs prior to taking the exam. I used the PMBOK PM Standards Appendix to enforce and visualize the flow and integration of each process area. Doing so showed me trends in inputs and outputs and showed me how processes flowed within a process group vs a knowledge area. I memorized PMBOK table 3-1 and certain formulas for my brain dump to include EVM and communications channels. Finally, I purchased the the Exam Simulator and started with 10-25 question quizzes before steadily progressing into 100 question exams. Then...I ran out of time as my exam date arrived! I did not feel ready and I wasn't confident in my Exam Simulator scores (scores ranged from high 50's to high 80's) but decided to give it a shot. I scored Moderately Proficient across the board and was SO excited to have passed the exam! Folks, I don't regret my investment in the PMPrepCast and Exam Simulator products for a second! They are high quality, thorough, professionally developed, and provided exactly what I needed to learn with limited time and mobile access requirements. Thanks again!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login