fbpx

Reply: Passed!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 4 months ago #4946

Joe Muccianti

I passed! Yes, it was over a month ago, and I am now just getting around to documenting my lessons learned...

The first thing I would tell people is IGNORE everyone who tells you that this exam is so hard it is literally impossible to pass. It seems as if fate conspired against me; all of the people I interviewed early on in the process for information told as such. I should have never listened to them. In fact, I studied so hard, for so long, I could probably be a tutor myself.

The exam is difficult, but if you study, you will pass. It is not SO hard that it is impossible to pass. Don't listen to those people.

Because I felt like maybe my project management experience wasn't on the level of say other better project managers, I utilized every aspect of my PM PrepCast purchase, from all of the videos, the formulas guide, the exam simulator, and the forums.

I watched all of the videos and then watched the ones I didn't quite grasp the first time through over again. I also took about 4 full practice exams, 2 were from PM PrepCast, and two were from other vendors. I also took many mini-quizzes. I mixed it up. I also utilized a book from another vendor so that I would get another perspective. I know that helped me solidify what I learned here. Having multiple sources for me was beneficial.

I also made sure that I studied when I was most alert. Sounds kind of silly to even say, but with lots of working, taking care of families, etc., it is hard to find to study, except for late at night. I avoided that as much as I could by studying during my peek "brain" hours. I was able to work out something with my work, because they were paying for me to obtain the certification.

I agree a lot with Cornelius, don't focus too much on inputs and outputs. Do however, undertand the techinques. I/O's can be logically figured out if you understand the concepts, the process groups and the knowledge areas well enough, but the techniques are tested on a more specific basis, so you need to know them.

Create a plan, stick to it, but allow for flexibility. We are all human, and we need to allow for change. Set your goals, study hard, be positive, use the PM PrepCast tools and maybe one other resource, take practice exams, and GO PASS!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login