fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP

Passed PMP 9 years 6 months ago #4650

• Vijaya
  • Vijaya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed my PMP on September 30th and very happy that i have cleared my exam. I started exploring in Dec 2012 about the exam and was not in a hurry as I am currently not working. After looking all the tools available and resources to study I decided I will stick with Rita and PMBOK guide. I needed the 35 contact hours and went ahead and bought the prepcast which was definitely a good purchase. I had an overview of all the lessons. Around October 2013 my application got accepted. I also delivered my first baby and knew it will take some time to study now and i was preparing for the exam whenever i was getting time. It was in June 2014 that i decided i needed a hard deadline. I was thinking may be i must go for a boot camp since i was totally depending on self study, but after looking at various online resources I thought i will take the help of mock exams and bought the simulator to test my self. I finally blocked my date for september. As everyone has experienced thats when the real exam fever came in. By then i had 2-3 revisions for rita. I completed atleast 1 round of reading in PMBOK and some chapters like risk, quality etc - may be 2.
I did lot of sample questions, but the simulator was good as it not only simulates the 4 hour test periods but also is very systematic. I can review and answers are right below the questions. It was more convenient tool. I was trying to get above 80% but either i get 75% or 79%. Last 2 weeks before the exam I tried few more questions from oliver Lehmann175, PMstudy (hoping to get above 80%), but was still in the same 70%(Lehman) and 75%(PMStudy) range. Tried frew questions from Christopher Scordo book as well.
I was a little bit tensed as the exam was getting closer so i just revised as much as i can and started wrapping up my preparation. Wanted to get good rest as with my first baby i still have interrupted night sleeps. so wanted to sleep well and limited to 2-4 hours of preparation during the last week and was praying for my success. The day before my exam i definitely could not sleep well but I am glad i went through the exam.
I finally got through the exam with 4MP and 1P.
My plan was little longer as i knew my study hours wouldnt be consistent, but i wanted to get through this exam so I did lot of ground work before i scheduled my exam to make sure I am confident for the exam.

With 4-6 hours of atleast 3 months focus and consistent study is definitely required for this exam. And lot of practice of sample questions is a must.

I sincerely thank Cornelius Fichtner and his team for such valuable products.
Thanks
Vijaya
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login