fbpx

Reply: Whew...Passed the PMP Exam on First Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Whew...Passed the PMP Exam on First Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 4 months ago #4737

Samuel Mchombo

PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp by Richard Perrin from EdWel Programs was the only free book on the list. If you want to take a more cost effective solution, then do the following

1. PM Prepcast + Simulator => USD$230

You will still need to pay for the examination fee which is USD$138 for initial membership and then you would have to pay USD$405 for the actual examination.

So you would need to pay about USD$773 at the minimum. I think that is reasonable.

I strongly recommend you to buy the PMBOK Guide 5th edition as well and you can buy it for about USD$40 or if you are a member of PMI, then you can acquire a free licensed edition.

I hope this helps. Good Luck.
9 years 4 months ago #4728

Farooqi Usman

's Avatar

Congrats Dear,

By reading your story i am motivated, unfortunately I am not having funds to invest at the moment.
I will be grateful if you kindly guide me; which free stuff, books, podcast etc. should i focus on?

Regards,
9 years 6 months ago #4639

Samuel Mchombo

Hello Cornelius and PM Prepcast team,

I passed the PMP exam on Saturday. Here is how I did it.

1. I bought the PM PrepCast as well as the PM Simulator.

2. I had the following books and materials:

--> PMBOK Guide 5th edition
--> PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp by Richard Perrin from EdWel Programs
--> Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, 8th edition
--> Rita Mulcahy's PM Fastrack Exam Simulation software
--> Rita Mulcahy's Hot a Topics

I listened first to the PM PrepCast and acquired my 35 contact hours. I submitted my application on May 1st and was approved with no audit on May 7th.

Then I spent more time going through the PM PrepCast again from May through June. After that, I read the PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp by Richard Perrin and performed the exercises in the book.

Then I read Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep and also the Rita Mulcahy's Hot Topics. I re-read the PMBOK Guide 5th edition and after that, performed the exam simulations in the PM Fastrack and also the PM Simulator.

All the materials were very good preparation combined with my actual PM experience. On the night before the exam, I did not study anymore as I needed my mind to be mentally proper and ready. On the diet side, the week before the exam, I was eating fish a lot as it is thought to improve your memory.

On the day of the exam, I was supposed to start at 13:30. I first went to the gym and did plenty of cardio and after 90 min of exercise, had lunch which was brown rice, kimchi, baked fish, and tea.

Then I reviewed the formulas and the different contract types.

Then as I went, I prayed to God for success twice.

I arrived around 12:50 at the exam site and after going through the security procedures, I waited and did a quick review of the PMP formulas.

I also prayed again while waiting to ensure to prepare myself to pass.

I was then ushered into the exam room and I was given 4 pieces of green blank paper which I used to immediately download from memory all the formulas.

Then I started the exam and for 3 hours, I was genuinely concentrated and I paid very close attention to the questions and answers. I took a 10 minute break for water and refreshing and to compose myself. I had 25 questions left and I proceeded to answer the remaining. Then I had about 40 minutes left and I started reviewing all my answers and I was able to correct slightly about 20+ questions.

After that, I submitted my exam and it seemed like an ETERNITY waiting for my score. I had to fill in a survey in between. After submitting the survey answers, another AGONIZING wait.

It was NOW or Retake on December 7th
The experience when you see the CONGRATULATIONS message across the screen. WHAT A FEELING!

A tip to everyone preparing for the exam: TAKE YOUR TIME preparing for it. You will be glad you did.
It took me from the time I bought the PM Prepcast to actually passing about 5-6 months preparing yet it was genuinely worth it.
Good luck to all who aspire to become PMP.
I invested about USD$1,400 and it was worth it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login