fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASS! 2P, 3MP

PASS! 2P, 3MP 9 years 6 months ago #4638

• Diego Montano
  • Diego Montano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
On September, 2014 I took the PMP exam. It was almost nine months after I decided to become a PMP as part of my new year’s resolution list. Before that I explored several forums trying to best decide which books and method to use during my preparation.

I read Rita’s book once and then a second time watching the prepcast in parallel. I watched ALL the PM PrepCast episodes and everything made sense. I used the PMBOK only when I felt that I didn’t understand an specific part or definition.
I didn’t tried to memorize ITTOs. If you understand the processes you’ll be able to answer ITTOs related questions. Most of the questions in the exam are situational. I only had 2 or 3 asking specifically for an ITTO.
Didn’t memorize formulas either, if you practice and understand the formulas you’ll see that formulas questions in the exam are actually very easy.

PM Exam simulator is the best study tool. It almost looks exactly like the real test. After you complete the eight simulated exams the real exam is like if you are doing a 9th simulated exam. I scored around 80% in all simulated exams.
The wording, the questions, the 4 hour stress, you’ll only miss the information about which questions you answered incorrectly.
I learned a lot with the simulator, when you go over the answers you can see your weak point and work on them.

Be careful when using free tests/questions from sources you can't fully trust, this can lead to a false sense of security. You'll find a lot of incorrect questions/answers out there.

Trusting your own better judgment and 'gut feeling' when you don't seem to find the right answer among the choices most of the times leads to the right answer. After all the reading and watching you have the PMP inside of you.

Thank you Cornelius and Justine!
Hasta luego!

Greetings from Cochabamba, Bolivia
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login