Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
I am so happy to inform that I passed my PMP exam on August 6th, 2014 getting moderately proficient in Planning and Closing and Proficient in the rest. I just wanted to share my experience. I started thinking about PMP exam around 1 year back and after thorough research, I decided to purchase PM-Prepcast material along with formula base and exam simulator. I became a member of PMI and purchased this above mentioned material in October 2013. Application process did not throw any challenges for me and got approval immediately. After that due to some personal priorities, I could not use this material at all and kept on postponing this. Finally, I registerted my exam with PMI and Prometric around 2 months back. It took around 300 hours of preparation all together since then. I have gone through all videos at least 3 times and read PM BOK 4 times. Have practiced other online exams as well along with PM exam simulator (took all 9 exams). Below are my lessons learned.
1) Do not expect the same questions you practiced in PMP real exam. Situations and Scenarios are completely different.
2) PM exam simulator will definitely guide us in the right path to understand what types/categories of questions we may expect.
3) It is 100% true that (at least in my case) - we get real motivation only after registering the exam date
4) ITTO's are definitely scary in the beginning but once you understand the concepts it is easy. Questions on ITTO's are not that tough in real exam.
5) When I started my exam in the test centre, I initially lost my confidence at one point and started praying. As I read the concepts end to end, I was able to regain the confidence and successfully finish the exam. I got 3 Proficient (Intitiating, Executing, Monitorting & Controlling) and 2 Moderately Proficient (Planning & Closing).
I would like to thank Cornelius and his team for a great PMP preparation tool. I am so glad I purchased PM PrepCast.
Thanks and Regards and good luck to all aspiring PMP inidividuals,
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.