fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on first attempt!

Passed PMP on first attempt! 9 years 8 months ago #4483

• Jan Le Roux
  • Jan Le Roux's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I subscribed to the PM PrepCast, PM Formulas and PM Exam Simulator. In parallel I also joined the CPN (Certification Preparation Network) - CPN groups are facilitated by volunteer PMP and CAPM members and covers one of the main PMBOK chapters each week.

My strategy was to attend the CPN and then at home work through the relevant PrepCast sections covering the same topic we covered during that week's CPN meeting. This approach gave me multiple viewpoints on the different PMP concepts which helped me to really understand the content. I memorised the Brain Dump sheet from the PM Formulas and I also memorised all the PMBOK Knowledge Areas and Process Groups early on, and made sure I know where all the major documents were created, and used.

Three weeks before the exam (I took a Paper-based exam), I started to take as many full-length exams on the PM Exam Simulator. After each exam I would thoroughly review the questions I had incorrect to understand why I got it wrong. We also worked through many sample questions during our CPN group meetings where we could discuss answers with people that are certified already (and some of them with many years of experience), and knew the PMBOK inside-out.

This strategy worked for me, and I passed my exam on first attempt.

Thanks PM PrepCast and CPN!

Passed PMP on first attempt! 9 years 8 months ago #4487

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congratulations!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login