fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on First try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on First try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 8 months ago #4457

Matthew Rose

hey everyone!
I passed on Monday 7/21 in the evening. I took about 6-7 weeks of hardcore 2-3 hours a day studying (full time job, wife at home and a 9 month old). I used the prepcast first, then moved on to rita's book.
I underestimated not doing enough of the exam prep tests and would buy the simulator if I did it again. Luckily I had grasped the knowledge well enough over time that it took longer than expected but I passed with proficient in all areas and a moderately proficient in M+C

Good luck to everyone!
9 years 8 months ago #4456

M Rose

's Avatar

I took the exam Monday 7/21 in the evening, I went in very confident and was shaken by some questions I felt uneasy about.
After what seemed like 5 minutes waiting for the survey to pop up, I took the survey to be polite and then when Congratulations popped up, I was thrilled!
I was proficient in all areas but moderately proficient in M+C.
I studied by watching the PM Prepcast once through and twice on some subjects I was having trouble grasping. I then had my copy of the PMBOK from being a PMI member that i glanced through as needed and read Rita's book 3 times (last two just summarizing).

I did mainly the practice questions shown in the prepcast and in the book and I realize now that was a a chance and If I did it again, I'd add in some exam simulation. Luckily I had grasped the knowledge well enough in studying over the past few months (about 6-7 weeks of 2-3 hours a day) that I could answer the questions, but I took virtually the entire 4 hours and had many questions I had to "mark" in order to review again.

Good luck to everyone else!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login