fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on First try!

Passed PMP on First try! 9 years 9 months ago #4456

• M Rose
  • M Rose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I took the exam Monday 7/21 in the evening, I went in very confident and was shaken by some questions I felt uneasy about.
After what seemed like 5 minutes waiting for the survey to pop up, I took the survey to be polite and then when Congratulations popped up, I was thrilled!
I was proficient in all areas but moderately proficient in M+C.
I studied by watching the PM Prepcast once through and twice on some subjects I was having trouble grasping. I then had my copy of the PMBOK from being a PMI member that i glanced through as needed and read Rita's book 3 times (last two just summarizing).

I did mainly the practice questions shown in the prepcast and in the book and I realize now that was a a chance and If I did it again, I'd add in some exam simulation. Luckily I had grasped the knowledge well enough in studying over the past few months (about 6-7 weeks of 2-3 hours a day) that I could answer the questions, but I took virtually the entire 4 hours and had many questions I had to "mark" in order to review again.

Good luck to everyone else!

Passed PMP on First try! 9 years 9 months ago #4457

• Matthew Rose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hey everyone!
I passed on Monday 7/21 in the evening. I took about 6-7 weeks of hardcore 2-3 hours a day studying (full time job, wife at home and a 9 month old). I used the prepcast first, then moved on to rita's book.
I underestimated not doing enough of the exam prep tests and would buy the simulator if I did it again. Luckily I had grasped the knowledge well enough over time that it took longer than expected but I passed with proficient in all areas and a moderately proficient in M+C

Good luck to everyone!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login