fbpx

Reply: 2nd attempt- Passed PMP 4/15/14

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 2nd attempt- Passed PMP 4/15/14

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 1 week ago #4132

Rose

's Avatar

Today was an epic day! After 3.5 months of painful studying- I did it! What seemed impossible, has been made possible! Writing here to share a few tips, but most of all to encourage those who are in doubt.

First off I self studied 2 months using PM Prepcast and PMBOK only. I used the PM Prepcast exam simulator as mock ups- all 1600 questions! I thought I was ready and took the exam. It was so hard I knew I was going to fail while answering it. Went home and gave myself a week off from studying. I reached out to a few PMP I knew and they recommended RMC book.

So after my 1 week break, I went back in study mode. Read RMC 2x, PMBOX 1x and 2x skim. I referenced back PM Prepcast videos which really helped instill the concepts. For practice test I did everything- Simplilearn,PMStudy,Exam Central, PMP for sure, scordo. I was so burnt out but I could see my scores getting higher. This was all done in 6 weeks, mon-fri after work I would go straight home and study. Weekends about 5 hrs/ day. It was exhausting!

The weekend before my exam I was reading a forum and I was inspired to go for it. Some have said, you'll never really be sure you are ready until you really understand the questions. Which was happening as I was taking the mock up.

So I went ahead and booked my exam and showed up 2 days later. During this 2nd attempt, I felt I knew the answers as I was answering. I was getting it. The questions were similar from my mock up mostly RMC chapter tests, PM study and exam central. I was feeling confident. I finished in 3hrs and spent 20 mins reviewing marked items.
When I hit submit my heart was racing and was getting so nervous and when I saw "Congrats" I started to get teary eyed. I wanted to sob right then and there but had to control myself. Tears of joy! I think no one really understands what you go thru unless they've been there. All the hard work, the stress and pressure. It pays off in the end. Today is a happy day!

Goodluck to everyone and dont ever doubt yourself. With hard work comes success! Cheers!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login