fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 2nd attempt- Passed PMP 4/15/14

2nd attempt- Passed PMP 4/15/14 10 years 1 week ago #4132

• Rose
  • Rose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Today was an epic day! After 3.5 months of painful studying- I did it! What seemed impossible, has been made possible! Writing here to share a few tips, but most of all to encourage those who are in doubt.

First off I self studied 2 months using PM Prepcast and PMBOK only. I used the PM Prepcast exam simulator as mock ups- all 1600 questions! I thought I was ready and took the exam. It was so hard I knew I was going to fail while answering it. Went home and gave myself a week off from studying. I reached out to a few PMP I knew and they recommended RMC book.

So after my 1 week break, I went back in study mode. Read RMC 2x, PMBOX 1x and 2x skim. I referenced back PM Prepcast videos which really helped instill the concepts. For practice test I did everything- Simplilearn,PMStudy,Exam Central, PMP for sure, scordo. I was so burnt out but I could see my scores getting higher. This was all done in 6 weeks, mon-fri after work I would go straight home and study. Weekends about 5 hrs/ day. It was exhausting!

The weekend before my exam I was reading a forum and I was inspired to go for it. Some have said, you'll never really be sure you are ready until you really understand the questions. Which was happening as I was taking the mock up.

So I went ahead and booked my exam and showed up 2 days later. During this 2nd attempt, I felt I knew the answers as I was answering. I was getting it. The questions were similar from my mock up mostly RMC chapter tests, PM study and exam central. I was feeling confident. I finished in 3hrs and spent 20 mins reviewing marked items.
When I hit submit my heart was racing and was getting so nervous and when I saw "Congrats" I started to get teary eyed. I wanted to sob right then and there but had to control myself. Tears of joy! I think no one really understands what you go thru unless they've been there. All the hard work, the stress and pressure. It pays off in the end. Today is a happy day!

Goodluck to everyone and dont ever doubt yourself. With hard work comes success! Cheers!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login