fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Was able to Pass the Exam at First Try

Was able to Pass the Exam at First Try 10 years 1 month ago #4019

• Ami Amin
  • Ami Amin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello:
I just want to share with everyone the basic approach I took towards studying.

The first book I read was Head First - in the old version (I had then). This book is an easy read and really explains it in simple term.

After that I watched all the videos in Prepcast. But with each section after watching the video I also reviewed PMBOK and Rita Maluchy's guide. I would do the sample test after each chapter in this book. I finsihed all the reviewing and watching videos about a month before the exam date.

In the last month I concentrated only on answering sample questions. I subscribed to PM Prepcast questions, also lot of internet free ones. I literally answered about a 1000 or more questions in total. I felt ready before the exam but was still nervous. I looked at lots of tips and notes from the internet 2 days before the exam and had some of my own mental notes on my weak areas. I had scheduled my exam on a Monday morning so I had the weekend to review everything and no other distractions from work.

The key is to understand the subject and not just memorize. I had not memorized any of the ITTO's but grouped the ones that were common and studied the others as to why it belonged in those areas. The only thing you should memorize is the formulas.

The overall process took me about 4 months to prepare for the exam. I had dedicated about 2 hours a day to study and there were some days I did not study at all but would try to make up on the days I had time. I literally stopped watching any TV, talking on the phones etc in the evenings for those months. Good Luck to all who are studying for the exam.

And Thank you Prep-Cast you were a great tool to have!

Ami
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login