fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on First Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on First Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 6 months ago #3758

Elisabeth Machamer

I passed the PMP exam on the first try.

I used the following resources to study for the Exam
  • PM PrepCast (OSP)
  • PMP Exam Simulator (OSP)
  • Formula Study Guide (OSP)
  • PMP Exam Prep, Seventh Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
  • PMBOK

The Prepcast course was my main study tool. I listened to the Prepcast and tried to note concepts that were new or unfamiliar so that I could revisit them as needed. I thought the material was great and easy to remember.

Once I completed the Prepcast course I took a practice exam. I passed the exam, but I noticed two things that concerned me. 1) There were a couple of topic areas where I needed more work. 2) I sometimes answered questions based on real world experience rather than the standard. For the topic areas where I needed more work, I listened to the Prepcast chapter a second time and I went to the "Rita's Course" book. I found it helpful to get an explanation from a different voice/point of view. For example, I found the differentiation between Quality Assurance and Quality Control in Rita's book helpful.

I took two more practice exams before the real exam and once again noted areas for further study.

The day of the exam, I did not study. I got some exercise, cleared my mind. I'm not used to 4 hour exams any longer, so I was most concerned about concentrating and remaining alert for the full exam. When I entered the exam, I wrote my own cheat sheet. I didn't use it much in the end, but it was nice to know it was there if I needed it. My cheat sheet included formulas and a list of processes by knowledge area including process group.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login