fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on First Try

Passed PMP Exam on First Try 10 years 7 months ago #3758

• Elisabeth Machamer
  • Elisabeth Machamer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed the PMP exam on the first try.

I used the following resources to study for the Exam
  • PM PrepCast (OSP)
  • PMP Exam Simulator (OSP)
  • Formula Study Guide (OSP)
  • PMP Exam Prep, Seventh Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
  • PMBOK

The Prepcast course was my main study tool. I listened to the Prepcast and tried to note concepts that were new or unfamiliar so that I could revisit them as needed. I thought the material was great and easy to remember.

Once I completed the Prepcast course I took a practice exam. I passed the exam, but I noticed two things that concerned me. 1) There were a couple of topic areas where I needed more work. 2) I sometimes answered questions based on real world experience rather than the standard. For the topic areas where I needed more work, I listened to the Prepcast chapter a second time and I went to the "Rita's Course" book. I found it helpful to get an explanation from a different voice/point of view. For example, I found the differentiation between Quality Assurance and Quality Control in Rita's book helpful.

I took two more practice exams before the real exam and once again noted areas for further study.

The day of the exam, I did not study. I got some exercise, cleared my mind. I'm not used to 4 hour exams any longer, so I was most concerned about concentrating and remaining alert for the full exam. When I entered the exam, I wrote my own cheat sheet. I didn't use it much in the end, but it was nice to know it was there if I needed it. My cheat sheet included formulas and a list of processes by knowledge area including process group.
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login