fbpx

Reply: Passed on my first attempt this morning

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my first attempt this morning

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3308

K M KENNETH CHEUNG

I just passed my PMP exam this morning. I got 3 proficient and 2 moderate proficient.

It was my first attempt.

It was a long journey for me. I started the process 3 years back. Since then, I was on overseas projects, getting married, having new baby, ...and basically getting lazy. A word of experience. If you feel "you have just too many other priorities in your life", please just go ahead and schedule the exam.

It really changed the game once you scheduled your exam. You have a "hard deadline" to meet. And this exam, become your priority.

I want to share a bit of my experience. It may be a bit of "short cut", but, well~ who doesn't want a short cut if you could?

1. I did not finish all the episodes before I took the final exam. I used my common sense to pass it.

2. I took that 35 contact hours to schedule my exam, leaving me 3 months+ to study.

3. Then I started to listen to the episode everyday when I commute to work.. It took me about 1 week per knowledge area..

4. I also downloaded the PM Exam Simulator. I did 20 questions every now and then, when I finish a knowledge area

5. I stopped studying 1 week before exam. I started to take the mock exam.

6. I only managed to take 4 of them (out of 9)

7. Then .. here I am. :-)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login