Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
I just passed my PMP exam this morning. I got 3 proficient and 2 moderate proficient.
It was my first attempt.
It was a long journey for me. I started the process 3 years back. Since then, I was on overseas projects, getting married, having new baby, ...and basically getting lazy. A word of experience. If you feel "you have just too many other priorities in your life", please just go ahead and schedule the exam.
It really changed the game once you scheduled your exam. You have a "hard deadline" to meet. And this exam, become your priority.
I want to share a bit of my experience. It may be a bit of "short cut", but, well~ who doesn't want a short cut if you could?
1. I did not finish all the episodes before I took the final exam. I used my common sense to pass it.
2. I took that 35 contact hours to schedule my exam, leaving me 3 months+ to study.
3. Then I started to listen to the episode everyday when I commute to work.. It took me about 1 week per knowledge area..
4. I also downloaded the PM Exam Simulator. I did 20 questions every now and then, when I finish a knowledge area
5. I stopped studying 1 week before exam. I started to take the mock exam.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.