fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam this week, first try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam this week, first try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 11 months ago #4130

Michael Aromeh

Hi everyone,

I passed the PMP exam at first try after just 3 months(Jan 12- April 11) of studying. Allow me to indulge you in my story

First, i registered at PMI.org, then purchased the prepcast (the single most important material for the pmp exam). I began watching the videos, and took notes on inputs, T&T, outputs, knowledge areas the whole time. Every little detail was on my notebook. This helped in assimilating the material more easily. I set a schedule with target dates for completing each knowledge areas videos. After about 4 weeks i took the exam to get my 35 PDUs and passed. Then i completed my PMP application and sent it to PMI. As soon as i got accepted, i set my exam date. I work during the days, so i would study after work from 6PM until 9PM every weekday, and from 12 noon to 4pm during the weekend.

After i was done with the prepcast, i purchased the pm exam simulator and set aside 4 hours during the weekend to go through the exam. I had 82% on the first exam and 75%, 77%, 82% on the next three respectively. I checked the exam center about a week before my exam. I downloaded the )PMBOK guide but didnt use it much except for referencing in a few occasions.

I passed the PMP exam with 3 Proficient, 1 Moderately Proficient, and 1 Below proficient. :)
10 years 2 days ago #4102

Christian Bisson

's Avatar

Hi,

the PrepCast's simulators are actually very good, I've done a few of them. It helps to practice 200 questions simulators with actual time and see the time you need, this gives you the chance to calculate breaks you can take.

Good luck!
10 years 10 months ago #3331

Monika Khanna

Congratulations!
I am interested to know what kind of exam simulators did you use. I have subscribed to PM prepcast exam simulators, is this close to actual exam ? Any views based on your experience?
10 years 10 months ago #3304

Christian Bisson

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share my experience with the exam and how I prepared.

It actually all started with the PM PrepCast since I needed my 35 contact hours before applying. It was also a great way to go through all the material before going into the PMBOK.

I read the PMBOK once and often used it as a reference, it could be easily read thanks to The PM PrepCast, I know it would have been harder if I hadn't watched it before.

I watched the PM PrepCast a 2nd time to review everything.

When I was done, I read Head First PMP, which gave me a last minute study addition. It's easily read and actually helped me remember even mroe information before the exam.

In parallel of watching The PM PrepCast and reading those 2 books, I used Flashcards to study while taking walks, I also answered many test questions (over a thousand) including 5 complete 4 hours simulations. In total, I must have answered about 1500 questions.

I can honestly say I have never studied so much for an exam, but I felt ready when I went in, and when I was done and taking the little survey at the end before the result, I was sure I was going to pass.

Although the exam is hard, the fact that I was prepared made it easy (or tolerable atleast!) and I do not regret a single hour of study!

Congratulations to everyone who passed and good luck to the ones studying to take the exam!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login