fbpx

Reply: PMP Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3297

Stefan Lampacher

Hi - let me line out some important steps towards my PMP certification.
Firstly I wanted to gain this credential in my own
I studied the perequisites
Filled in an honest PMI application which would for sure pass a PMI audit ( 25℅ oft training attendees werde audited!!)
Ordered a PMP exam prep training with certification at Prometrtic at last training day 4 months in advance
Startet to read the PMBOK guide and fell regularly asleep
So I cut the PMBOK in 5-pager slices and did a small portion every day.
Was not able to read the chapters twice - so I looked for an alternative, more exciting source
Purchased the PM PrepCast and used it to reiterate read chapters also every day - and I enjoyed!
Additionally I listened through the advanced concept sessions where I found especially the Critical Chain session exceptionally good.
3 weeks before certification I was finished with book and associated PM Prepcasts
Attended 1 week PMP prep training and was just focused on PMP.
On cert day I slept long, had a good breakfast and wrote down most important formulas and the process Matrix to get it into short term brain.
No eating before the 4 hour questions Marathon, but some drinking.
Then 4 hours fully focussed - had to overcome / ignore frustration and uncertainty to stay in schedule.
Finally - DONE!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login