fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Lessons Learned

PMP Lessons Learned 10 years 11 months ago #3297

• Stefan Lampacher
  • Stefan Lampacher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - let me line out some important steps towards my PMP certification.
Firstly I wanted to gain this credential in my own
I studied the perequisites
Filled in an honest PMI application which would for sure pass a PMI audit ( 25℅ oft training attendees werde audited!!)
Ordered a PMP exam prep training with certification at Prometrtic at last training day 4 months in advance
Startet to read the PMBOK guide and fell regularly asleep
So I cut the PMBOK in 5-pager slices and did a small portion every day.
Was not able to read the chapters twice - so I looked for an alternative, more exciting source
Purchased the PM PrepCast and used it to reiterate read chapters also every day - and I enjoyed!
Additionally I listened through the advanced concept sessions where I found especially the Critical Chain session exceptionally good.
3 weeks before certification I was finished with book and associated PM Prepcasts
Attended 1 week PMP prep training and was just focused on PMP.
On cert day I slept long, had a good breakfast and wrote down most important formulas and the process Matrix to get it into short term brain.
No eating before the 4 hour questions Marathon, but some drinking.
Then 4 hours fully focussed - had to overcome / ignore frustration and uncertainty to stay in schedule.
Finally - DONE!!
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login