fbpx

Reply: PASSED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 5 months ago #2942

Khurram Hussain

Dear Hari:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your lessons learned :)

Thanks,

Khurram
11 years 5 months ago #2934

Yolanda Mabutas

Thank you. I completed my PMP certification exam yesterday successfully.

Training that I took in Study Coach live, was really helpful.
I used your podcast, formula guide (really useful), and exam simulator.

And I truly believe that, all the above materials did help me reach my goal.

My experience in this and lesson learned:
Exam simulator helped me practice exam, where I could test my capacity.
During exam simulations, I couldn’t complete all 400 questions 30 mins prior to 4 Hrs with enough time for review. And I started to feel hungry at 3rd hour, and was not able to concentrate beyond 3:30 mins. All this contributed me to perform with less efficiency in last 45 mins of exam, which is approx. 25% of exam questions that could really impact outcome of the exam. So I decided to use a different strategy that suits me.

By taking tests, I learned that practicing to answering 50 questions in 1 Hr to reach goal of 200 questions in 4 Hrs was more suitable for me. Reviewing questions will be helpful at the end, but I decided not to do so, because I found that, at the end of 4 hr, I was almost exhausted to concentrate and review. So I rather decided to attempt 50 questions within 1 hr with concentration for induvidual questions as they require. So if I spent more time on one question deciding on answer, I expected to close in the time gap using other easy questions within the 50 question slot, or spill a little over to next 50 questions and close the gap.

Feeling hungry, and unable to concentrate could be interlinked, so I decided this method, to keep me up active for all 4 hrs.
I was able to continue all 4 hrs., with 1 Snack Bar that I took right before I stepped in for exam, so that I don’t feel hungry till I step out, and will be able to concentrate.

Hope this trick might be helpful for others too.

Thank you again
Hari Sevugan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login