fbpx

Reply: Passed the exam today - My first attempt.!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the exam today - My first attempt.!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 11 months ago #2774

Muralidhar Vijayakumar

's Avatar

Passed my PMP Exam today at Dallas. My thanks to the following people

1. Cornelius for the PM Prepcast. I used to listen to prepcasts while commuting on my ipod and at home too.
2. Andy Crowe - the only book I used.

I didnt go through the PMBOK guide even once!

Have some tips through personal experience. Might not cover all but whatever i know .

1. Don't cover each area mechanically. For example when you study Risk management try to write down inputs which you think will be useful to identify risks and then compare the notes with the book.
2. You must be able to write down the brain dump for the 42 processes into 5 process groups possibly with key outputs in the first 15 minutes.
3. Earned value and project network diagrams - easily around 30 questions together. So having a firm grasp in these two is must.
4. Similarly Project Scope is very very important along with the charter.
5. Try giving yourself like giving small case studies like - something happened and they cancelled my project - what are the activities that still need to be performed - and gather the info
6. Try to complete easy questions very quickly rather than being over-cautious and re-reading them and checking. This will not only save time but also energy. This test is gruelling/tiresome
7. Your brain automatically gathers some info as you proceed through the test . So mark doubtful answers and come back at the end. I found few answers just like that.
Contact me if you need further info! All the best

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login