fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: lessons learned

lessons learned 14 years 8 months ago #274

• Jean Anselme NDANA
  • Jean Anselme NDANA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi to all
French native speaker, I studied and passed my PMP exam last month( july 19th)on my first attempt.I would like to share my joy and especially my experience with other PMP aspirants.
I will start with the materials I used:
Books: PMBOK Guide, Rita, Sybex, online web site and of course the PM PrepCast.
Next, with techniques
I followed Cornemius tip regarding:
0.Listen as often as possible,the PM Prepcast, ask the Prepcast support to elaborate on difficult or uncleared parts
1.use Internet to look for more details about concept that are just mentioned in the PMBOK Guide
2.The map on page 70 of the PMBOK guide 3rd edition: every day, when I wake up I try to write it down and I do the same before going to bed. After 01 week I knew that map by heart
3. Earned Value. I memorized all the formulas and especially I mastered the meaning of all the terms used in the formulas in such a way that I'm able to explain them to someone who does not know anything about Earned Value . Fortunately for me, I had many questions on Earned value and I surely had them right.
Technique use during the exam
While answering exam questions, I systematically "marked for review" questions that I found wordy. For those that were not wordy,after reading, if the answer does not come after 01 minute, I marked it for review.
With this technique, I was abled to answer correctly all the questions I found easy and that made me fell confortable and boosted my moral.I came back to difficult and wordy questions after.
You must know at least the main objective of each of the 44 processes. Processes such as: Scope Definition,Create WBS, Schedule development,Procurement, risk Mnagement must be known(ITTO).I used acronyms like BIRDS(Brainstorming,Interview, Roots cause Analysis,delphi technique, SWOT)to master some of the TT of risk Identificatio;ATM( avoid, Transfer, Mitigate), SEE(share, Exploit, Enhance) etc..
I hope this will help
Please feel free to contact me if you feel that I may be for any help

Jean A, NDANA, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login