fbpx

Reply: Cleared PMP on 6Feb 2012

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared PMP on 6Feb 2012

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 2 months ago #2703

Sagar Mainkar

Hi Friends,
I am glad to tell you all that I have cleared PMP today morning with following result:
Initiating :Proficient
Planning: Proficient
Executing :Proficient
Monitoring and Controlling: Proficient
Closing: Moderately Proficient

Here are my Lesson's Learnt

1.Started Date Aug 2011
2 Finish Date Feb 6,2012
3.I studied for 1 hr daily and 3-4 hr on weekends.
4. Actually was planning to give exam in Dec 2011 but had to go to US for a month for work so lost steam in midway.Had to start again from
Nov 2011.
5. Source of Study:
PMBOK guide PDF
Rita Mulchahy 7th edition.
PMPrepcast
6.Actually commutation to my work and back takes 2-3 hrs total so decided to utilize this time and hence bought PMPrepcast and was a good
choice. I utilized my commute time effectively by daily listening to the podcast in PMPrepcast. I purchased PMPrepcast even though I had my 35 contact hrs. This is excellent product thanks to Cornelius.
7. Read PMBOK guide 3 times
8. Read Rita 3 times.
9. By Dec 2011 I had finished PMBOK guide and Rita 2 time ,started giving mock exams from Dec 2011 on weekends.
10. Average score was 80%.
11. Started with Oliver Lehmann and other free exams viz PMStudy etc.
12. Started closing gaps in my knowledge
14. One month before exam I purchased a small pocket diary and noted all ITTO in it and also some brief imp points which I can browse very fast
like in 20 mins. This helped me a lot since the data was readily available always in my pocket to brush up and also one day before exam.
15. Week before exam just studied 1 hr a day since I had not taken any leaves but this was enough as I was totally prepared and confident and relaxed.
16. Day before exam did not study just in 15 mins browsed through the ITTO and imp points in my pocket diary.I really liked this technique and
this helped me a lot.
17. I was scheduled at 9 am so I had booked hotel near Prometric center and also my family was with me.
18.I intentionally took my family with me so that I remain relaxed and do not study on last day ,helped me a lot.
19. On exam day just had breakfast and went to center half an hour before.
20. Took tutorial in 5 mins and used 10 mins for writing the brain dump sheet. I had practised this for last 10 days to write it in 7-8 mins.
21. Never required my brain dump sheet :)
22. Finished all questions in 2 hr 10 mins and had marked only 20 questions . Took my first break after 2 hr 10 mins.Reviewed all
marked questions and ended exam in 2:20 mins yes really. And what took survey and got the result of "Congratulations..." was very happy.
23. I would like to thank everyone who have helped me thanks :)

-Sagar
PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login