Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
I am glad to tell you all that I have cleared PMP today morning with following result:
Monitoring and Controlling: Proficient
Closing: Moderately Proficient
Here are my Lesson's Learnt
1.Started Date Aug 2011
2 Finish Date Feb 6,2012
3.I studied for 1 hr daily and 3-4 hr on weekends.
4. Actually was planning to give exam in Dec 2011 but had to go to US for a month for work so lost steam in midway.Had to start again from
5. Source of Study:
PMBOK guide PDF
Rita Mulchahy 7th edition.
6.Actually commutation to my work and back takes 2-3 hrs total so decided to utilize this time and hence bought PMPrepcast and was a good
choice. I utilized my commute time effectively by daily listening to the podcast in PMPrepcast. I purchased PMPrepcast even though I had my 35 contact hrs. This is excellent product thanks to Cornelius.
7. Read PMBOK guide 3 times
8. Read Rita 3 times.
9. By Dec 2011 I had finished PMBOK guide and Rita 2 time ,started giving mock exams from Dec 2011 on weekends.
10. Average score was 80%.
11. Started with Oliver Lehmann and other free exams viz PMStudy etc.
12. Started closing gaps in my knowledge
14. One month before exam I purchased a small pocket diary and noted all ITTO in it and also some brief imp points which I can browse very fast
like in 20 mins. This helped me a lot since the data was readily available always in my pocket to brush up and also one day before exam.
15. Week before exam just studied 1 hr a day since I had not taken any leaves but this was enough as I was totally prepared and confident and relaxed.
16. Day before exam did not study just in 15 mins browsed through the ITTO and imp points in my pocket diary.I really liked this technique and
this helped me a lot.
17. I was scheduled at 9 am so I had booked hotel near Prometric center and also my family was with me.
18.I intentionally took my family with me so that I remain relaxed and do not study on last day ,helped me a lot.
19. On exam day just had breakfast and went to center half an hour before.
20. Took tutorial in 5 mins and used 10 mins for writing the brain dump sheet. I had practised this for last 10 days to write it in 7-8 mins.
21. Never required my brain dump sheet
22. Finished all questions in 2 hr 10 mins and had marked only 20 questions . Took my first break after 2 hr 10 mins.Reviewed all
marked questions and ended exam in 2:20 mins yes really. And what took survey and got the result of "Congratulations..." was very happy.
23. I would like to thank everyone who have helped me thanks
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.