fbpx

Reply: Past PMP Exam January 24, 2012

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Past PMP Exam January 24, 2012

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 1 month ago #2692

Gwenn Doria

Congratulations! It is always great to hear how one of our products helped you in your journey to PMP success.

Cornelius Fichtner would like to personally congratulate you by sending you a card in the mail. I hope you don't mind sending me your mailing address info.

You can email it to me so it won't be public : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best Regards,

Gwenn Doria
Customer Support
OSP International LLC
12 years 2 months ago #2679

Rafael Vasquez

Hi Cornelius,

I passed the PMP exam on January 24, 2012 on my first time and I want to thank you for the effort you have put in developing the PMP Prepcast and made it available for a very good price, this was a major help in understanding project management as a whole and getting al the 35 contact hours required by PMI. The following describes how a i prepared to pass the PMP:

1) I purchase the PMP Prepcast to meet the 35 contact hours required and understand the whole process of project managment.

2) I started to fill out the PMP allpication, this took me almost a month to get all the projects and dates plus the 35 hrs required by PMI.

3) scheduled the exam at least three months so that i can cover all the chapters in the PMBOK ( 12 chapters).

3) I purchased Rita Mulcahy's PMP exam preparation and fast track CD.

4) I became a member of PMI so that my exam fees will discounted and i will have access to the knowdlege base benfits from PMI (outstanding material references).

5) studied at least 4 to 5 hrs Monday thru Friday.

6) after studied the PMBOk once and Rita's PMP examp preparation, took a mock up exam in four hours and passed with a 70.6%. Later re-studied the weak areas and re-tests for at least 800 more questions from different sources.

7) the last week prior to the exam i did two more mockup test and my average to answering correct question was over 80%.

8) understand and memorize Rita's planning chart and the other process especially executing and monitoring and controlling.

The key to pass the exam is understanding the big picture of project management, what is required as the inputs, the tools and techniques and what is the outputs of the processes.

I recommend revisiting the PMP PrePcast which really enhanced understanding the concepts.

Sincerly,

Rafael Vasquez, PMP, LEED AP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login