Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
I passed the PMP exam on January 24, 2012 on my first time and I want to thank you for the effort you have put in developing the PMP Prepcast and made it available for a very good price, this was a major help in understanding project management as a whole and getting al the 35 contact hours required by PMI. The following describes how a i prepared to pass the PMP:
1) I purchase the PMP Prepcast to meet the 35 contact hours required and understand the whole process of project managment.
2) I started to fill out the PMP allpication, this took me almost a month to get all the projects and dates plus the 35 hrs required by PMI.
3) scheduled the exam at least three months so that i can cover all the chapters in the PMBOK ( 12 chapters).
3) I purchased Rita Mulcahy's PMP exam preparation and fast track CD.
4) I became a member of PMI so that my exam fees will discounted and i will have access to the knowdlege base benfits from PMI (outstanding material references).
5) studied at least 4 to 5 hrs Monday thru Friday.
6) after studied the PMBOk once and Rita's PMP examp preparation, took a mock up exam in four hours and passed with a 70.6%. Later re-studied the weak areas and re-tests for at least 800 more questions from different sources.
7) the last week prior to the exam i did two more mockup test and my average to answering correct question was over 80%.
understand and memorize Rita's planning chart and the other process especially executing and monitoring and controlling.
The key to pass the exam is understanding the big picture of project management, what is required as the inputs, the tools and techniques and what is the outputs of the processes.
I recommend revisiting the PMP PrePcast which really enhanced understanding the concepts.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.