fbpx

Reply: PMP passed on December 5 on first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP passed on December 5 on first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 1 month ago #2699

Gwenn Doria

Congratulations Simone! It is always great to hear how one of our products helped you in your journey to PMP success.

Cornelius Fichtner would like to personally congratulate you by sending you a card in the mail. I hope you don't mind sending me your mailing address info.

You can email it to me so it won't be public : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best Regards,

Gwenn Doria
Customer Support
OSP International LLC
12 years 3 months ago #2648

Simone Bandinelli

I recently earned my PMP certification and here is how I got it.

I decided to take the exam last summer and purchased the PMBOK on Amazon, then I bought the PM Prepcast and downloaded all the episodes on my iPod, but I didn’t really started using this material before the end of August.

I started reading the PMBOK, but found it really too dry and difficult to use to learn something. So I gave up and used it as a reference during the months of my preparation. I sort of used it as a dictionary when I had doubt on specific aspects. I have to say that it became more useful and readable toward the end of my preparation, when I had a general understanding of the matter. I didn’t really read it from start to end, but I read most of it.

I found very useful the PM Prepcast. I listened to all the episodes while commuting every day; in a couple of months I finished. It is high quality teaching and covers every aspect of the knowledge you need for the exam. In some occasions I found it useful to write down notes and make my own summary.

In late October I stared to use Rita Mulcahy book and her exam simulator (PM FASTrack 6.0). The book really helped me a lot, I read and studied it very much; it comes with about 30 questions for every knowledge area with answers. I made a simulation of a complete PMP test; the results were not bad but I and realized my problem was the speed in answering the questions: I was not able to answer more that 160 question in 4 hours. Than I used the tool in learning mode, making test in all the 9 knowledge areas with good averages (1400 questions).

I didn’t memorized all the ITO, but I knew most of them. I think that table of pag.43 in the PMBOK is to be learned by hart. I had no problem in memorizing formulas, they are not so many. I devised my own strategy to take the exam: I decided I wouldn’t answer the long complex questions that require calculations, I simple put a random answer and take note of the question number for coming back to it at the and of all the other questions. Furthermore I decided not to waste too much time on questions I was not completely sure of, after 90 sec I would click on one of the best answer and pass to the next question. It worked.

The exam questions were the same difficult level of the questions I had exercised with. The exam itself is very stressful, I forced myself to concentrate only on the single question I was reading (at the end of the fourth hour it’s not simple), I didn’t make any pause.

goog luck

Simone

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login