fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Was surprised to pass on my first try

Was surprised to pass on my first try 12 years 5 months ago #2597

• Jean-Luc C
  • Jean-Luc C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3.8.2011 download:
-PM Prepcast 45hrs audio/video files for Ipod (thanks
-PM Flashcard (3900)
-PMP Formula pocket guide
11.8 Get RMC PMP Exam Prep
19.8 Did the PM Prepcast final exam for 35 contact hrs after listening to 2/3 of files,scored 76/100
25.8 Admitted Eligible to take PMI credential exam
28.8/11.10
-1st assessment with RMC fast track (20 questiosn/chapter), scored 69%
-Begun to work/study really focused on RMC Prep book chapter by chapter,listening sometime to prepcast in-between and wrote down most important things, did 30 min rote mem for formulas,but gave up after 2 weeks.
-assessed each chapter with RMC fact track with 50-100 questions, scored (65%-75%),worst score were time,cost,procurement. Spend more time reviewing wrong Q (exam 3.5hrs, review 8hrs).
13.10 1st directly RMC Super-PMP exam, scored 73%, and did an extensive review. At this time had answered 1300 Q from RMC decided to switch to PM exam sim.
18.10 2st PMP Exam Sim, scored 57%, felt really disappointed, did as usual a 6hrs review.
25.10 Was my 1st scheduled prometric exam, did not feel ready, was in Brazil in remote area, had to fly to recife,get an hotel, fly back,would have been expensive, rescheduled to 4.10 to geneva(CH).
29.10 Fly back to switzerland, vacation over.
30.10 3st PMP Exam sim, scored 69%.
At this time i still did not feel ready, never reached the "required minimum" to attend the exam but my motivation was dropping fast and i had/must go whatever happen !
Spend the 2 last days focusing only on Earned value and probability question in the simulator.
4.11 exam day in Geneva,60km from hometown, switzerland, did not sleep well, did not do any brain dump, begun my exam, was reliefed that he questions were not that hard, after 20 Q the PMP Prometric application crashed, it took the 40 min to recover my status and i continued were
i stand before the crash, did need 3h40 min, reviewed the 10Q i had no clue at all, changed two of them. Scored at 3h55 and passed !
Scored Init and M&C proficient, the rest Moderately Proficient.
Learned lesson.
Invest between 250-300hrs for all (experience sheet, contact hours, PMP prep), was luckily doing only kitesurfing in Brazil.
PM Prepcast, nice product, good only for 35 contact hours,but takes too long, did not really help to memorize but good for a 1st level introduction.
Be quick in your preparation, dont waste time on too much products, 1 exam sim, 1 prep book, PM precast for 35hrs, formula guide.
Had to buy RMC fast track,installed software (not web-based) because was located in a remote areas in Brazil,was a bit desappointed by the product, some questions were wrong due to the 31.8.2011 exam change, when update/revison of specific Q they were not specifically communicated,
there were bugs in the graphical interface, support were unable to correct even with long hours of trouble-shooting due probably on my x64 processor,
but overall a good balanced product, but work good only with RMC book !
PM Exam Sim, was really a tough preparation, often tricky, maybe too much input/output Q, Q explanation were excellent(Hint and PM Book ref).
Almost did not open PM Book, no brain dump, but using and understanding formulas in sim prep.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login