Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
Pls kindly allow me to itroduce myself. My Name is Zulfirman,PMP.
Proudly to say, that I passed the PMP 4 years ago, on date 16 July 2007 with the first attempt.
@that time, my company invited the "training company" for doing an inhouse traning - PMP preapration for chosen PMP candidate. Also To increace the study spirit, we the employee (PMP candidate) also creating study group enviroment among all the PMP class student. Share all things & do deep analyze towards all resources.
Our facilitator at that time (the one who already PMP's before us), using much more the PMP Exam resource from Cornelius F (i forgot the book title ..) & surprisingly most of us pass the PMP exam on the first attempt (around 60 -70% from the PMP candidate).
The Actual Exam that i faced @that time was questioning too many Schenario question instead of "Straight forward" question. But i did set the strategy before the Exam begin. The strategies are as below :
1. While fullfilling the survey form in Exam PC (first 15 minutes), I did pararelly wrting all the ITTO that i remember & all the formula.
2. Create a table as below format (in blank paper that was given by Prometric) :
a. High Confidace Answer (green area)
b. Doubt Answer (gray area)
c. No answer (Red Area)
3. start the exam, which below strategies :
a. Ignore all long question & find the short question to be answerd
b. While answering the easy one, record the question no. in green area
c. while answerting in doubt, record the question no. in Gray area
d. While do not know what to answer // Long question or Complex question, record the question no. in red area
4. On The First 2 hours, We must already completed all the question + incld the table.
5. Review the table, how many Green, Gray & Red. Assumed the Gray & Red is wrong answer, then calcuate the percateg the Green / Total Question. The Green PErcentage then Minus 10% (as the value of "self over confidacne"). IF The Green value after deducted with 10% are still on the Passing level, then we could have a break longer. If below the minimum pass grade (65%), we must make a quick break in order to secure remainig time. the "value of self over confidance" is depedn on how you justify your "over self confidance" while you were stil on Training mode.
6. After gettign back from the "Break time", start the "2nd" session 1 hours session, with high focus & deep analzye / reveiwe all the answer in Gray area becoming "Green area group".
7. After "All the gray area" asnwr move green area, start giving more focus + time to find the best answer for RED one.
8. After 2nd session (3rd hours done), reveiew the Green percentage status minus 15% Selfover confidace value. why 15% ? becase the more closing to the end of the time (4 hrs),the human erro & concentration somwhow getting high, escpiallly when we now that you have already on below passing grade on the first reveiw.
9. The last session 3rd session (4th hours), re-continued what we did on point 6, but no break time.
10. the last but not leat, dont forget to pray (before start the exam & before you push the GRADE button).
11. Wholaaaaa...i Passed..:)
On Sept 2009, i was prompted to be the Leader of Facilitator for our Internal Company Employee PMP Program. @that time, i decided to choose & bought "PMP® Exam eFlashCards™" as one of our resource for the PMP candidate.
From 12 of my PMP candidate that we lead, we made great result by having 7 New PMP pass the exam on the first try, on Year 2009 - 2010.
Since the PMP Exam currently now change, starting 31 Aug 2011, my Management asking me to lead again the group of PMP candidate in order to upgrade all PMP candidate in regard to this change. I havent say any word due to work load of my jobs...but we'll see, since i love to be traininer & seeing all of my student smile & understanding what i have shared to them (along ago i was a freelance Cisco CCNA & Oracle OCP/OCA certfication, 20002 - 2003)
Thanks for the Cornelius.F PMP resources support !
You've made us like this !
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.