fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed today on first attempt Lessons learned

Passed today on first attempt Lessons learned 12 years 8 months ago #2450

• Midi Park
  • Midi Park's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed today on the first attempt.

First I would like to thank Mr Fichtner for a excellent resource to prepare for my Exam.

I began preparing in May.
I started with the Prepcast, which gave me some very useful tips for getting started, obtaining my 35 required hours, and with coalescing my previous work experience into my application.

1. I created a study plan that defined my study schedule (time spent per week, day etc), and worked diligently toward the stud goals. I am sure individual study time required will vary, but I set a goal of 180 study hours.
2. I purchase my study materials. which included the Prepcast(awesome product BTW Cornelius), Rita's Book,& the PMBOK. I also purchased three training apps for my Iphone (PMP trainer, Istudy, & PMP prep). I also purchased the ITTO game and the PM flashcards. To be completely honest I did not use the flashcards much. But the ITTO game was a GREAT tool for helping me learn the ITTO's.
3. I studied 3 hours a day 4 days a week or more often as my schedule permitted. I read the PMBOK guide cover to cover. then I read Rita's cover to cover. I then followed up with the Iphone apps. The Iphone apps were great as they gave me alot of questions/quizzes that I used to assess my progress regularly. I used these as a low cost means of getting quality questions in addition to the free online questions.
As I got close to the exam(in couple of weeks). I purchased the PMP exam simulation exams (the 8 exams with the 1 ITTO specific exam). And I added these to my studies by taking an exam then reviewing it the next day and studying the areas that required improvement in Rita's book and with the prepcast. I worked through all 8 exam simulations this way. I have to tell you this was rigorous, but it matched my learning style.

One other activity I did was a brain dump sheet for the formulas & a few ITTO's I continued to struggle with. I have to say the Brain dump sheet was a key to my success. while it did not directly help me answer questions. It help organize thoughts so that I did not have to second guess my memory (especially for formulas) while I was in "deep woods" so to speak. And just the value of not second guessing items from my brain dump was a HUGE help for me. thanks again to Prepcast.
Midi Park
Senior Technical PM AT&T Mobility
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login